The small country of Moldova is famous for its amazing wines! Even tourism here has a slight aftertaste of this grape quaff, and tourism boom falls on the beginning of October, the day when the Moldavians celebrate Wine Festival. Visit the country on this holiday, and get acquainted with the country and appreciate the remarkable friendliness of the locals. However let's study out, why you should visit this country.
5 reasons to visit Moldova
Despite the fact that tourists rarely perceive a small post-Soviet country as a vacation spot, it’s really worth visiting. It perfectly fits for lovers of a quiet, comfortable vacation and cognitive tourism. Here are 5 reasons why vacation in Moldova will be exciting and smooth:
- Easy to reach. Most of the populated localities of the country are represented by villages and towns. There are few large cities, so it is best to start the journey from the capital - Chișinău. This is a transport center, you can get here by bus, train and plane from Moscow, Kiev, St. Petersburg, Minsk and other cities of Ukraine, Belarus, Russia and Europe. Flight by plane will take only 1-2 hours, depending on the point of departure.
- Sunny weather. Moldova is famous for its glories of nature: forests, fields and vast vineyards. The land is mostly flat and very leafy, so during the trip you will enjoy beautiful landscapes. At the end of spring, tourists have a chance to admire the view of red poppy fields, and in the fall the foliage begins to glow with the bright yellow fire of autumn colors. They say this is a picture of immense beauty. You should come down here, because wine is served here all year round!
- Wine tours. Wine is something worth visiting in Moldova. Even experienced wine connoisseurs will be delighted to sample dry and semi-dry, sweet and semi-sweet drinks from different grape varieties. We strongly recommend you to visit the famous Cricova wine cellars, they are ranked second after the world's largest Milestii Mic. A cellar 120 km long was formed in the 15th century, in the 1950s they started to store wine here. Today it is known due to the fact that more than 1.25 million bottles of the rarest wines are stored there, the most aged wines date back to 1902.
- Delicious food. The national cuisine of Moldova is highly varied and very tasty, and therefore it is certainly worth trying, at least the most popular dishes. While resting in Moldova, be sure to try the placinta - flat tortillas made of dough that are prepared with almost any filling. Men will appreciate the Tocană – fried pork with onions and seasonings: garlic, herbs, wine and sauces, it is served with feta cheese. Do you know what mamaliga is? No? Then try it!
- Comfortable trip. Tour company BESTMoldova guarantees high quality customer service and a professional approach to travel arrangement. The company offers a wide range of services, reasonable prices and European level of performance. Your trip will be vivid, engrossing, comfortable and exciting.
Moldova welcomes everyone!